Pages

06 August, 2012

Virginia Living

Wow, it has been since Feb since I wrote on this... first off we have been pretty busy, second I kind of forgot the log-in:)  Well, here I am, ready to write down some thoughts and share what the Morrissey's have been up to. Of course if you follow me on Facebook you already know!

So, we have now been in VA for almost 5 months, I can't believe it!  We are loving it here too, contrary to popular belief it is not the worst place to be stationed... with that being said, we are in a great location, close to Chris' work, very close to the kids school and close to all the places I go on a normal basis.  Yes, getting on 64 to go up to Williamsburg or DC is a PIA, I won't lie, but you know it is going to be bad so you just deal with it if you want to go to some great places!   And boy have we been to some great places.  With only being here for not even 5 months we have ventured out to Williamsburg quite a few times, whether it be to go to the Colonial areas, or to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.  Also, have made it up to DC on three separate occasions.  We have also headed the other way and went camping down at North Landing Beach, just by the North Carolina boarder.  We have made it to the beach a couple of times and spent some time on our new boat as well.  Of course this summer we have spend lots of hours in our very own pool, the kids swimming has improved greatly because of it.  Even with Jacob's broken wrist (that was casted) keeping him out of the water for 6 weeks, he is becoming quite a fish!
My Fishes

The kids finished the school year great, Leia made the B Honor Roll and Jacob excelled in Kindergarden.  They are very excited to head to 3rd grade and 1st grade in just a few weeks.  AND Elijah got in to the Pre-K program here so he will be attending school this Fall as well, we are all very excited!
Leia and her new glasses


My business is doing well, I have 7 agents that work with me so that is fun!  I hope to grow and get more business this coming year since I will have more time to devote to it with all the kids now in school.
Chris is now back to a real Navy shore duty, his time at the academy is up and that easy schedule is gone, not that his schedule is bad here it is just he can't take off like he used to.  He will put his lateral transfer package in again in a few week and some time by the first of the year we should hear news (fingers crossed). Though I do have mixed feeling about him getting pick up, we just moved here, will we have to move again next Spring?  Who knows, time will tell!  I just pray it all works out.

As the Summer winds down we are trying to fit in as many activities as we can, this weekend we will be horseback riding with the Cub Scouts, the next weekend we are heading to Disney (YEAH) for a little trip before school starts, the weekend after that we will make a camping trip with Cub Scouts and the weekend after that Chris and I head to Disneyland to run our 1/2 marathon over there, Coast to Coast Challenge, we are so excited!!  We return on Labor Day and the kids start school the next day, we are packed, but that is the way I like it... living our lives to the fullest!


No comments:

Post a Comment